How to Keep The Little Busy Bodies in your Home Active
Now that school closures are in full effect I see lots of parents wondering how to keep their kids busy at home. Don’t worry, the Young Parent Program is here to share resources, activities and tips and tricks that will help you keep your little ones active and engaged.
With the weather being as unpredictable as it normally is in Saskatchewan, we may not be fully prepared or able to go outside and play, therefore I’ve found a Canadian website full of fun activities and games that will keep your kids moving! The website is called Fit Kids Healthy Kids and is supported by Doctors Manitoba.
Here is the link: https://fitkidshealthykids.ca/! Some highlights from the site are as follows:
- The Basic Skills Tab – explores the gross motor skills children need in order to open the door to lifelong sport and activity.
- The Games Tab – there are multiple games that can be filtered by age rage, equipment needed or type of skill being built.
- The Tools Tab – provides you with action cards that can be printed out and used at home!
It’s important to maintain a physical lifestyle even though some of us are in isolation. When kids are given the opportunity to run, jump, kick, dance and be silly we are allowing them to relieve stress through their bodies. Relieving stress leads to a more focused mind, better sleep and an over all increase in mental well being.
PRO TIP: If you have access to a printer, try this way of choosing activities!
- Go to the “Tools” tab mentioned above.
- Print out the “Activity Cards”.
- Cut them out individually.
- Put them in a hat/bucket and get your kids to pick out an activity randomly.
- Coach your children through the game and play the role of referee (if necessary).
Help your community work towards flattening the curve by staying home if possible.
Stay healthy, stay connected – We’re all in this together!
Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever
work and exposure! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll.
It’s difficult to find educated people in this particular topic, however, you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
Really informative article. Really looking forward to read more. Will read on…
I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It’s pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers
made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.
Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!
It’s the little changes that produce the most important changes.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks designed for sharing such a good thought, article is pleasant, thats why i have read
Excellent web site you have got here.. It’s difficult to find quality writing like yours these days.
I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!