Our Newcomer Family Support program provides personalized social settlement strategies and support services to newcomer families with children of all ages, both in their homes and the community.
To receive these services families must be permanent residents of Canada, refugees or other protected persons.
In this program, our support staff helps families identify and build on their strengths through prevention, early intervention and education in a variety of areas. Some include but are not limited to:
- Parenting Skills – Promoting positive parenting & emphasizing child safety
- Child Development – Enhancing the parent-child relationship and reduce destructive behaviours.
- Community Involvement – Establishing connections to community resources that can be utilized after leaving the program.
- Daily Living Skills – Assist in creating daily routines and teach personal wellness in a Canadian cultural context.
- Reducing Isolation – Encourage developing healthy adult relationships as well as increasing involvement in community life.
- Emotional & Physical Well-Being – Finding ways to reduce stress within the family and promote good nutrition.